Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 14 November 2022
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What’s in these terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way, Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who are we and how to contact us;
- By using our site you accept these terms;
- There are other terms that may apply to you;
- We make changes to the terms of this policy;
- Prohibited uses;
- Interactive services;
- Content standards;
- Breach of this policy;
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes
Who we are and how to contact us
www.rippleenergy.com is a site operated by Ripple Energy Limited (“We&lrquo;). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10565718 and have our registered office at Ripple Energy Limited, The Frames, 1 Phipp Street, London EC2A 4PS. Our VAT number is 291540894.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our site you accept these terms
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our Terms of website use https://www.rippleenergy.com/terms also apply to your use of our site.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use https://www.rippleenergy.com/terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Ripple Energy Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Ripple Energy Limited, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Referral Scheme and Other Marketing Incentives
- The defined terms here have the same meaning as in your Customer Agreement.
- From time to time Ripple may offer marketing incentives, including referral schemes, which reward you or someone you introduce to us once they have purchased shares in a cooperative society managed by Ripple, subject to eligibility.
- You can refer friends and family through the personalised link that we send you and which you can find in your online account (“Personalised Link”). If you sign up through a Personalised Link, we will tell the person whose Personalised Link you use that you have done so, and we may share your name, anticipated CO2 and monetary savings.
You will not be eligible to refer customers to us under the referral scheme if:
- You are not an existing member of a cooperative society managed by Ripple or have paid a reservation fee;
- The person you refer is an existing member of a cooperative society managed by Ripple;
- The person you refer cancels their agreement with us before their 14 day cooling off period expires or if they cancel their agreement with us before the reward has been transferred to you;
- The person you refer has been a member of a cooperative society managed by Ripple within the last 12 months;
- Your Personalised Link is quoted or shared incorrectly;
- You do not refer a customer to us through your Personalised Link. Referrals not made through your Personalised Link, for example if the person you refer signs up on Ripple’s website without using your Personalised Link, or which are claimed retrospectively are not eligible and will not be rewarded; and/or
- We have reason to believe you are sending or advertising your Personalised Link to people who are not known to you or if you are in any way trying to benefit from our referral scheme on a commercial basis rather than for personal use, you won’t be eligible, and we reserve the right to deactivate your Personalised Link.
- You will only be eligible for a referral reward if you sign up directly online through a Personalised Link.
- You must use the referral code when visiting the website for the first time. Referral codes can not be applied retrospectively.
- Referral rewards are not transferable, and they can’t be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold.
- If you qualify for more than one type of marketing incentive, we reserve the right to give you just one incentive. This will be the highest value incentive of those for which you qualify.
From 31st January 2022, referral rewards shall only be valid for purchases over £1000.
- Referrals applied before 31st January 2022 will be honoured on the terms applicable at the time of reservation (whereby referral rewards shall only be valid if such rewards due to the person referring and the person being referred are collectively less than 20% of the value of the shares or other product being purchased by the person being referred - typically requiring a £250 purchase). This includes referrals applied during reservations.
- Rewards shall be transferred with the first month’s bill saving for the project the purchase relates to, typically the month following energisation.
Octopus Consumption API
The Octopus consumption API is a feature available to members who have an Octopus account and their Ripple project is generating. The consumption API key is unique to the user and can be found in the member's Octopus account. The API allows actual consumption data to be displayed on the generation charts. This is personal consumption data and we do not store this data, nor do we share this data. When a member disconnects the API key, all individual data relating to it will be deleted from our database.
Ripple Energy API
- “Licence” shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction, and distribution of the Source Form, Object Form and Work as defined in Sections 1 to 4 of these terms and conditions.
- “Licensor” shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorised by the copyright owners of Work, and for the avoidance of doubt shall include Ripple Energy.
- "Source Form” shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
- "Object Form” shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source Form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
- "Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source Form or Object Form, made available under the Licence.
- "You" (or "Your") shall mean an individual or legal entity exercising permissions granted by this Licence.
- "Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or legal entity on behalf of whom a contribution has been received by Licensor and subsequently incorporated within the Work.
This Licence does not grant permission to use trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of Licensors or Contributors, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the Work.
- Disclaimer of Warranty
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work on an "as is" basis, without warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of title, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. You are solely responsible for determining the appropriateness of using or redistributing the Work and assume any risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this Licence.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event and under no legal basis, whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise, unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a result of this Licence or out of the use or inability to use the Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.